Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How should my parent's punish me for lieing?

I lied to my mom about wearing her shirt... when i had it on. I told her i got it with a friend from wetseal (the store were i saw it was from) and she freaked out because of me looking her into the eye and lieing to her. I used to lie to my parents constantly when i was 12 or 13, but I'm 15 now. They grounded me for a week, is this fair?How should my parent's punish me for lieing?
Its ok.





parents suck (mine do.) srryHow should my parent's punish me for lieing?
Yes, this is fair, and you know it is. Remember, you're not being punished for borrowing a shirt without permission - you're being punished for lying.


Lying is a terrible habit, because it destroys trust in a relationship. If your mom knows you are lying about something so small, it's reasonable of her to assume that you might be lying about other things, some of which might have a much greater impact on your safety or development.





Only you know the real reason you lie. Are you trying to avoid punishment? avoid anger and loss of love? Are you trying to rebel or push back against unreasonable rules? Trying to get attention, good or bad, from people who tend to ignore you? Do a little soul-searching. A therapist or counselor can help you.





Only you can cure your lying. Do what you want - but have the self-respect to be honest about it.
Way fair....I'd punish you worse...Obviously you didn't get anything out of the first times you lied to them, or the punishment wasn't severe enough. You are not learning...Maybe you are selfish or maybe you wanna get knocked uo when you are 16. I don't know and I don't care...you don't respect your family so you are a non issue, which means you don't matter and you never will. My girls are 4 and 7, my 7 year old has lied twice...she won't do it again. I'm sure of it. The 4 year old has learned from the older one. We as parents set rules up for a reason. My sisters' kids have lied to her all their life, and she did nothing, now one is in prison getting screwed in his butt, the other is 23, no job and lives at home (and laughed at by family and friends...because they didn't learn. So, fair ? ...way fair. I'd beat you!!!
I know almost all teenagers lie at one point if not all the time, i know i did... and if grounding you will make you not lie so much then maybe it is right. Why would you lie about wearing a shirt? why didn't you just ask? I mean im not sure if grounding you will do the trick.. maybe she should just lock her door if she doesn't want you in there?
That's fair.


But my question is, how did you get the shirt?


Did you steal it from her?


You should be punished longer if you stole it.
I think it's fair.





I also don't understand why you lied about wearing your mom's shirt and why couldn't you just ask her to wear it.
doesn't matter wether its fair or not


your grounded for a week





get over it
yes thats fair.
more than fair. why don't you just keep your hands off other people's stuff and stop lying?
yes it is fair. You liyed to them so u deserve he punishment

No comments:

Post a Comment