Thursday, May 13, 2010

What kind of trashy parent curses in front of their children?

the cycle continues.What kind of trashy parent curses in front of their children?
Just because kids see it or hear it in other places does not make it appropriate for parents to do. Cursing is a way to express emotion for many people; but we have been given a great mind, don't make it sound feeble by using such un-educated terms. I guess the same people who curse in front of their kids are also the ones you see smoking in a car with the windows rolled up!! I have 3 children and I do not curse in front of them or at them.What kind of trashy parent curses in front of their children?
I dare you not to cuss when you have 3 boys that drive you crazy!!!!!. I only cuss when I am mad and they know that. but my children are very good and have repect for me. They will not cuss in my presence now or in the future,


besides it not like they do not hear it on the radio and on TV and Movies!!!! Right!!!
I only half agree with the person who said they're going to hear it anyway. I know my children hear that stuff but I don't feel like I need to overshelter them from it because it's not the way they're brought up at home. What they hear in public and fail to hear at home reinforces to them the difference between right and wrong, class and trash, self control and total ignorance.
A parent with psychological problems.
well apparently you have never been overwhelmed and lost it! There is not a parent alive that can say they have never said Damit!
I don't think cursing is that bad - theyre just words.
a lot of them
What kind of person breaks into people houses? What kind of person lies? What kind of person molest children or abuse them in any kind of way? What kind of person does anything wrong? Well, the human kind, because none of us are perfect!
Me. My kids are older though.
Clueless.
The reason why parents curse is because they get frustrated with their kids, work and problems. But when that happens they just need to get help to reduce and eliminate cursing. ALSO People curse because at the moment they can't express their thoughts so they get frustrated and start cursing.
How the f*ck should I know? Now get off the damn computer and clean up your f*cking room!!!
the kind that want their kids to be just like them! the kind that have no better thing to do but curse
I try not to curse in front of my daughter, who is 3, but sometimes a word slips out-especially if we are in traffic, and someone cuts me off, etc. They are like little tape recorders, and the worst words will come out when you least want it to!





Unfortunately, the people that curse constantly don't even realize they are doing it, or how much they do it.
Seems to me that you answered your own question, in your opinion. If you think we're trashy, you didn't really need to ask.





I can tell you that when I'm that parent, it's because I'm at my wits end, I'm out of patience, and my mouth is about two steps ahead of the little guy perched on my shoulder reminding me to say Gosh and Darn. It just happens. And my daughter knows it's okay to call me on it, and I'll reword it, and apologize for swearing. She is fully aware that they're not nice words and that above all else, never to be used by children or polite young ladies.





Am I polite? Not always. Does that make me trashy? I'm not sure. I'll go ask the manager of my trailer park right after I finish get my tube tops and hot pants out of the drier. Sorry, I've got to jam - the handyman's here with a couple 40's of Old English, and we're going to drink them for breakfast an then go furniture shopping in the dumpster.





:P
man come on, wat kinda question is dat,in my country parents cuss in frotn of their kids just to teach em how to be strong n not to be all spoiled n ****,n sometimes u have to cuss n teach em da bad words coz anyway they will learn it,so y not u teach it to them in da frst place
Are u calling me trash?, because i did curse in front of my children. Get a life.
Very reminiscent of my childhood, but I grew up in a great home, I always had plenty of food, I played soccer and was not deprived of emotional attention...but my parents used to fight a lot and it got worse as I grew older...and my mother used to curse a lot..only when she was angry. It was her way of ';expressing'; herself. I wouldn't call me mother trashy as she has done a lot for me and looks out for me and probably cares about me more than anyone in the world, but of course I don't agree with her cursing.
It simply is not true that all parents curse. My parents didn't and my husband's parents didn't. Whether you curse or not is a matter of your exposure to that kind of language. If you hear it many times in daily life, you acclimate to it. I cursed in college because I heard it everyday. However I heard it less so in graduate school. And now as a parent, with friends who are also similarly highly educated parents, it is VERY rare for me to hear a curse word. So much so that it manages to shock me when someone lets out a ';S**t!'; or ';D**n!';.





';Trashy'; is a very inflammatory word. It makes people get very defensive because it is a slam against their upbringing. It is very true that cursing cuts across all class lines when it comes to money. But from my experience, the amount of cursing lessons depending upon education and profession. I'm a lawyer and my husband is a doctor. Wouldn't you be shocked to hear potty language from yours? The fact is that we are not exposed to cursing enough to affect our speech pattern in our home life. We are still able to express ourselves articulately, but never feel the need to use curse words to do so.





When you ask what kind of parent curses in front of their children, the simple answer is one who thinks it's acceptable to.
They're gonna end up hearing it eventually. Why not start at home. They're only words. Get over it.
Fairly common but extremely class-free in my opinion. I hear it all the time. Then they get mad when the kids swear themselves.
Cussing sure doesn't make you trashy. An occasional curse word can and will slip out every now and then even for the best of us. I have a baby who is about to turn one and I am trying my hardest not to cuss even going as far as saying the word smurf in place of any such word I might utter...........but occasionally it just slips. Does that make me trashy????? NO!!!! Human??? YES!!!!
The previous poster said they are only words....


LOL


They are words that ingrain into your childs mind and plant the seeds of uglyness.
first of if your guna call my parents trashy just for cursing then you are a complete and total idiot. if they hear it growing up learning not to use them even though they hear them it is better than when they go to middle/high school and are overwhelmed and go crazy saying them. also sheltering you kids from the world hurts them more than letting them experience it and learn for themselves
What a fecking twat! My old man used to swear a blue streak in front of me and it never did me any fecking harm, ya dosy *%26amp;%拢%%26amp;)^';(%26amp;%^拢$*%26amp;_(*%_()%26amp;拢*%%26amp;(拢^98 !
lol your pic is funny, I think you answered your own question....trashy parent
the trashy ones. it sounds horrible i know.
I guess the kind of parents that doesn't mind if his children curses.
how sadly right you are!!!!!!
All walks of life are doing that. From trailer parks to high rise over priced condos.
The answers to this question reall made me sad. I never once in my whole life heard my parents cuss- I am 21. I honestly did not know so many parents thought it was ok until I read this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment