Thursday, May 13, 2010

Does anyone have a parent who's Bipolar or knows someone who is? If so how do you deal with it?

I know it's just as hard for them as it is for the people around them. I just want to know that I'm not alone.Does anyone have a parent who's Bipolar or knows someone who is? If so how do you deal with it?
The best way to treat it is with medicine and knowledge. I have it, and have had it for years, so my sister and parents know what to sort of expect. What makes it easier is knowing what's going on with it, so a lot of research can help. Talk to a psychiatrist who specializes in bipolar; they can add a lot of information from many perspectives.Does anyone have a parent who's Bipolar or knows someone who is? If so how do you deal with it?
I am a parent of a bipolar child and everyday there is an unexpected mood swing or 10 having a family member with the disease tears at the family daily but hang in there love them try to educate yourself talk with someone about getting some coping tools in place hold them accountable for their behaviors but remember to be forgiving and what they live with on the inside is a fraction of what we deal with on the outside
I am bipolar II. I try to give my family/friends as much information as possible, so they can be well-educated in different situations. Doesn't always work... my family prefers ignorance and crisis response, not prevention. But the more people know and learn up on the facts about the disorder, the easier it is for everyone.
My mum has bipolar and yeah it's hard to deal with, but we usually pull through. It's really tough though. (haha thouse words look similar). It's especially hard because someone you look up to is experiencing it. It's hard to see someone who you think is amazing feel so bad about themself. :( email me if you want to talk about it. I know exactly how you feel.
i am a parent with bipolar and one of my biggest fears is that i am causing my kids stress because of this. i take medication and basically i still have mood swings and i hate myself later, i hope that just try to understand and i know we go through such guilt that our kids are expose to our mood swings and it hurts us so bad. i hope you can realize its is not about you if the mood swings seem directed in your direction, we are sorry for having to put this on our children, its something we that hurts us beyond words.
I have a friend that is that way, we just had to let her do what she wanted, cause she just wouldn't listen. she was hooked on painkillers, she is now off and doing much better! she takes something to just take the edge off of her days now...
My mom is bipolar. It's hard. I had to leave home at 16. She likes to attack me and put blame on me. I had to grow up and realize that it's the sickness. I keep her in my life, but at a distance.
Bipolars are famous for not taking their medication. You have to make sure they stay on their meds. Each time they go off of their meds they get worse and can never regain what they have lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment