Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How do single-parent Families in the UK who do home-education get an income (other than weekly Benefits)?

I'm just curious to know, how does a single parent teach there son or daughter by Home-education, get a second income (other than weekly benefits)? How does it work as they obviously can't get a job. Who looks after the child if there is no baby-sitter, no other family members/or friends living nearby. And I mean an older child, over 14 at least. Is having a part-time job even allowed for a Home-educating single parent? Could you have a job part-time for maybe just 4 hours a week? Thanks for any replies!How do single-parent Families in the UK who do home-education get an income (other than weekly Benefits)?
I am a single parent. I plan to homeschool in the U.S. and still work full time. I work as a Technical writer from home. I will homeschool in the mornings, her nanny will take her to activities in the afternoon and I will work most of the Afternoon and in the evenings after my daughter is in bed.How do single-parent Families in the UK who do home-education get an income (other than weekly Benefits)?
I don't know what the laws are in the UK, but I have met a couple of single parents who let their teens be home alone while the parent worked. The teens were responsible kids to begin with--I don't think the parents would have done it if they thought their kids couldn't handle it. They worked out ways to keep tabs on the kids.
I'm a single parent who homeschools one child in the United States. I work from home on a part-time basis and do not receive public assistance. I do most of my medical transcription at night and in the morning, before my child wakes up. I don't work a full-time schedule, averaging 25 to 30 hours a week.
If you trust your child to be home alone for a period of time you could work outside the home, it may just be extra hard on you. You would also have to have a child who doesn't need you looking over their shoulder to get their work done.





You could work at home, do you have any office skills? What kind of jobs have you held before? If you have office skills or are willing to take some classes and and have access to the internet I would recommend looking into virtual assisting. I have a friend who does it and makes good money.





Here is an article about it...


http://www.entrepreneur.com/magazine/hom鈥?/a>





You could also babysit in your home, clean houses where they could come with you and sit quietly and work while you clean (or even help)

No comments:

Post a Comment