Monday, May 10, 2010

Do i have the right to know who is watching my son if Im not the costodial parent?

My ex went out drinking but when she left the house she had my son. I asked her that if she goes out to bring him home to have me watch him. But instead she took him to someones house and left him there. Then when I asked where he was she told me it's none of my business. I already know she is seeing someone else I don't care but is my son at his house while she goes out I don't know. Should I?Do i have the right to know who is watching my son if Im not the costodial parent?
He is still your son...leaving your ex doesnt mean leaving your child, it sounds as if you need to get access arrangements sorted out properly in court if she is not co-operating with you. Whether you were married to your ex or not you still have parental responsibilty for your child unless a court has stated otherwise so yes you have every right to know who is looking after your son. Remind your ex that children need both parents in their lives whenever possible...the only exception is where there has been some form of cruelty or abuse.Do i have the right to know who is watching my son if Im not the costodial parent?
No you have no right to know about your ex's personal life. The fact that when she goes out he isn't with you is something that YOU have to learn to deal with. She has the right to leave the boy with anyone considered to be a responsible adult. You have no right to know where she goes or what she does. She has the right to a social life whether you like it or not. Obviously SHE has custody of the child so it is up to HER to determine where he says when she goes out, not you. If you don't like it then take her to court for custody but be prepared with tangible proof that she is unfit to have custody of the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment