Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How do you know if your getting abused by your parent?

My dad and my grandma hits me and my cousins. My dad hits me with his leather belt. My grandma pulls my cousins hair,hits him with a shoe and threatens him.How do you know if your getting abused by your parent?
All of what you've described is abuse. Even hitting a child with one's hand is abuse,with the possible exception of spanking a small child. Even that is abuse if it leaves bruises. I don't know the details of your home situation but you may want to consider calling Social Services or telling a teacher.How do you know if your getting abused by your parent?
in my culture(Mexican) its normal to hit a child but only when he/she has done something wrong(ive gotten shoe,snakeskin belt, coat hangers...etc) if they are hitting you for no reason or if they do it because its fun, then yes that is without a doubt abuse now if you can tough it out until you are eighteen then you can look for a job and rent a small place somewhere(i would recommend saving up and buying, it saves you a fortune in the long run) if you cant wait that long or if its an extreme case and cant stand another day with them you could always call the police and social services however that's in the most extreme of cases calling them will put you on a very hard and long road until you are placed in a foster home.
Abuse refers to the use or treatment of something (a person, item, substance, concept, or vocabulary) that is harmful.


If your parent is belittling you to the point that you are having suicidal thought or serious self esteem issues, they are abusing you. If they are beating or hurting you intentionally, they are abusing you. Grounding or punishing you for something you did is not abuse. You have to use your own discression.
It depends... I'm used to it all. I used to be abused. But the leather belt was only used when I did something wrong, so... As for hair pulling, that doesn't sounds bad? How old is he? Shoes hurt. Threatening? A lot of parents do that.





It sounds kinda like abuse to me.
That really does sound like abuse, especially pulling hair and threats. Spanking with a leather belt, yeah. Talk to your guidance counselor at school or call the police.
Sounds like abuse to me... My dad liked to use the belt too. I talked to my guidance counselor at school maybe that will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment