Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Can I drive a car that is leased under my parent's name?

My parent's are helping me out since I do not have great credit, and leasing a car for me. I know that my father's name will be the name on the lease, but the dealer said that I can also put my name too, since I will be the main driver. Is it OK to have the main driver be a different person with a different address, etc because obviously the insurance would be under my name, I would be paying for it myself? Any info to clear this up would be greatly appreciated!Can I drive a car that is leased under my parent's name?
I think it depends on the local or state laws where you reside; if you're on the lease as a co-leasee, and the insurance company is fully aware that you and your parent are on the lease together, then you should be fine; however, I would double check with a lawyer and GET IT IN WRITING that all is well!Can I drive a car that is leased under my parent's name?
yes u can drive it leased under parents. name. ur payin ur insurance also. ur fine u can do. Different address ya. guess depnds on ur insruance
of course as long as your parents dont call it in stolen
Yes you can drive a vehicle which is not in your name. The dealer doesnt care... they just want their money.
Yes, as long as you have their permission, and you are on their insurance polocy.
sure why not?
As long as you have a driver's license you can drive any car (as long as the owner lets you). To be covered by insurance is different. Most insurance companies won't cover just anyone behind the wheel. So what you have is leagl and is not only ok dto do but it is also a very common pratice
  • revlon
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment