Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Who is the parent when a 6 yo can dictate they want name brand clothing?

over non-name brand to the parent?





Since when did it become the norm for THE CHILD to tell THE PARENT how things are done?Who is the parent when a 6 yo can dictate they want name brand clothing?
That is the parent who doesn't want to fight with their children in public, generally. When that happened to me I would take him home and come back and buy the ones that fit him and my wallet. He got over it.Who is the parent when a 6 yo can dictate they want name brand clothing?
My daughter is free to tell me what she wants. But I make the final decisions because I am the parent.





Unfortunately, when you won't get your 6 yr old name-brand clothing, there's a big chance they will get teased about it at school. Why? Because some of the other 6 year olds' parents gave in to the demands too easily or even encouraged their kids to worry too much about stuff like what brand something is.
Why are you shouting?





It's been the norm for ages for children to state their preferences and for parents to often want to give their child what they wish, but you are correct that it shouldn't be dictated. Parents should also take stock of their own attitudes towards brands, and whether they are the ones passing them down to their children.
been going on for quite a while and it's becoming even more popular by the minute. I mean parenting is very time consuming and sometimes frustrating. Why bother to teach your children when its so much easier to let them run around and do as they wish.
I think the parent should always be the parent, but at the same time I wouldn't make my kid wear clothes she isn't comfortable in or doesn't like. Those are decisions we make together.
The parent is always the parent. But the childs in control, when it should be the parent.
They're just trying to fit in with the crowd. It's natural. nomatter how old you are, there is always going to be some influence.
that's crazy......i am the parent and they will wear what i buy them.......ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment