Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do child labor laws still apply for a child working for a parent?

If my son wants to work with me (he's 15) do child labor laws still apply?


Like wages, taxes, working more than 3 hours a night, work permits, etc.





He wants to work with me.


The job involves working with animals.Do child labor laws still apply for a child working for a parent?
Except for a few industries, no child labor laws do not apply when the parent is the employer.Do child labor laws still apply for a child working for a parent?
I think there are exemptions to a child working in a family business, but I wouldn't chance it. Of course things like wages and taxes still apply. I would contact the attorney for the business to make sure everything is in order. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
James have given you a good link, but if you read it carefully, you'll note that the only exemption is the AGE of the person. Other standards still apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment