Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do anyof you moms out there feel like your husband/partner is the better parent?

i sometimes feel like mmy husband is the better parent to our 7 mo old son. im not complaining, but i do sometimes feel inadequate. does anyone else have similar thoughts about your partner?Do anyof you moms out there feel like your husband/partner is the better parent?
He certainly has more patience than me in the evenings, but then, he's ';fresh'; from work and his 8 hours day is over.Do anyof you moms out there feel like your husband/partner is the better parent?
I feel like my husband is better at ';parenting'; just by instinct while I scour books and the internet trying to figure things out. This is kind of funny since he was the one worried about being a dad since he grew up without one. I grew up with an amazing mom but can't seem to get my mommy instinct where I would like it to be. Oh well, I'm still the only one who knows what size diapers to buy and how to fold the stroller.
Totally normal, Momma. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Mommy Guilt! We all feel inadequate sometimes - hey, we all were first time moms at one point and we all had to learn. And we all felt overwhelmed at points. The fact that you feel this way shows what a good mom you are! A ';bad'; mom wouldn't care, she'd say ';Oh, well, I am going out with my girlfriends';. But you care and ant to be better - and that is all anyone can do. Cut yourself a break - your baby is still brand new and this whole thing is all about trial and error! You'll hit your stride soon and then be able to let other new moms knw that it is all right :) You're a sweetheart and brave for being so honest!
My husband is way more patient but I don't think he is a better parent than me. I think we are both equally great parents :)
Not really. My husband is more patient with him, but he still wants me more.
My husband has much more patience with our daughter.....and he listens better than I do.
  • makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment