Saturday, January 23, 2010

What is your opinion on non custodial parent's rights?

Or lack there ofWhat is your opinion on non custodial parent's rights?
I don't think the courts should group all ';NCP'; in the same category. It's like they punish GOOD and involved NCP's because of the amount of deadbeats out there. You have to fight to get basic rights whereas the CP does nothing to get those rights. Basically, you give birth, you're the CP.





It's frustrating when you have to break the bank just to establish a relationship with your child. Sure, in a perfect world, we'd all get along and everyone would be happy and all is well. But that usually never happens...





I think it should be less of a challenge to be a father to your child!





Because after all, who misses out? The child...that's who loses in the game of custody battles. With all the back and forth, they're the one who loses...What is your opinion on non custodial parent's rights?
I think on paper things look great! But that's on paper.


For example, as a NCP you're suppose to be on all school docs so you can get your kid, and be called for an emergency. Same as with daycares. But in my case I was not listed on them anywhere. I had to threaten the ex w/ court before being put down. Then he did it, but took a copy of the court orderd to them so I couldn't just go get her whenever I wanted.


I also was not known at her dr office, even with my DL, they didn't want to discuss her medical probs with me.





Its all controled by the CP, and if they do not do what is in the papers your only recourse is to take them to court for enforcement.





This is the reason I chose to become a paralegal and go into family law. So I could and would be able to get my rights without having to have an attorney. Once I got out pf school, it seems all my legal issues went away. Especially once he found out I was a straight A student and worked myself into a family law job. Hmmm I wonder why that was?
I am the one who supports my son 100% and have been since day one. IMO, his father should have no rights whatsoever. He obviously does not have the same interest in our son that I have, and it's the responsibility of the custodial parent to make sure the courts are fully aware of this. I have also notified the daycare. He cannot pick our son up, only myself and those I let her know that morning/week can.
Custodial parents and noncustodial parents only refer to physical custody arrangements. Legal custody is entirely different, and THAT'S what encompasses the majority of parental rights.





Just because a child doesn't live with you does NOT mean you do not deserve just as many parental rights.
It really depends on the situation, In my case my daughters father only wants to be there when its convenient for him. With that said I don't go out of my way to make sure he is a part of her life but if he wants to he is more then welcome to call and find out. So like I said it really depends on the individual situation.


P.S. I don't put my ex on any of my daughters emergency paper work but then again he has no idea what school she goes to because he refuses to talk to me after he got remarried.
I think that they should have all the rights to their child providing that they are doing what is best for the child and not using them to get to the other parent.
I think every parent should be able to have rights to there child as long as they arent putting the child in danger and as long as they are a good parent...

No comments:

Post a Comment