Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can you be 14 and work at your parent's restaurant?

Because I already do- I wash dishes and bus tables (sometimes on the last one). Is that okay? Its not like its a bar or something...its a family restaurant.





Just wondering!Can you be 14 and work at your parent's restaurant?
Yup! lol


We also have a italian family restaurant and i've worked there since i just turned 13 years old. Except i was the cashier, and the hostess. But it's the same. And ya, my dad pays me 20-40 bucks when i go. :DCan you be 14 and work at your parent's restaurant?
If it's a family restaurant, help yourself!
Yes , thats fine =]
sure, it's ok.
You can be ten and do things at your parents resturant. Just not legally. You could probably wait tables and they would just pay you under the table.
Sounds good to me.


I know in Texas you can legally begin working at 14, but usually only in grocery stores.
Ya, but you should probably get a social security number to make it mor official.
You can get working papers at age 14. I don't know if you need them to work at a family business, but I would guess that you do. But it isn't a problem to get them. Ask your guidance counselor for the form.





Good luck. You'll grow up to be a responsible adult!
Yes they can %26amp; they can't legally pay you. But they can give you a few dollars under the table %26amp; call it your allowance. You just have to work harder for your allowance than I ever did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment