Saturday, January 23, 2010

What happens if I don't include my parent's savings in my FAFSA?

Can they verify it? Will I get in trouble? Anyone not include their savings and gotten in trouble?What happens if I don't include my parent's savings in my FAFSA?
they just ask, they have no right to look into ur bank account loveWhat happens if I don't include my parent's savings in my FAFSA?
You might be disqualified from the program. They don't need to see the bank accounts to find unclaimed assets in savings. Clues to savings, such as bank accounts, stocks, and mutual funds will be found in your parents' tax return on the lines on the 1040 form that list interest, capital gains, and dividend income. If the amounts shown here ( and reported to the IRS on Form 1099-INT or 1099-DIV) are insignificant it won't raise a red flag, but if the amounts are several hundred or a few thousand dollars you can but there will be a request for more information. This is where they might find you out.
Factually if you do not report your parents savings on your FAFSA form and they claim you as a dependent....they you will be FLAGGED for a process called VERIFICATION, where your parents will not only have to complete additional paperwork........their actual tax return for that year will be REQUIRED by your FAO, your FAO will then use something called PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT and if you were awarded scholarship or any other NEED-BASED monies from them.........you will have to repay them immediately.............you must remember that the FAFSA form is a GOVERNMENT form and it's the same GOVERNMENT that your parents file their tax return with................your parents dividends on their tax return reflects approx. 10% of their savings.........................
If you fill out the FAFSA with lies, that is considered fraud.


You will be disqualified from financial aid.
FAFSA can not check into yours or your parents bank accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment